Royal Engineered Composites believes constant customer contact and interaction are crucial to developing a product that meets and exceeds performance specifications. Our customers are involved in the design of their products from beginning to end. A team of engineers determines need, produces drawings, performs FEA analysis, designs tooling and formulates fabrication instructions.
With CAD and Finite Element Analysis computer programs, parts can be drawn and designed concurrently, using stress calculations and modifying ply orientations throughout.
Royal Engineered Composites utilizes a variety of software in the design and manufacture process:
- Catia V5
- Solidworks Simulations 2010
A thorough understanding of every aspect of composite manufacturing is required to produce tight tolerances on structural interfaces to achieve performance requirements. Effective use of cutting-edge tools and equipment assures optimum budget control and overall project success.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using Solidworks Simulation 2009 (formerly COSMOSWorks)
- FEA at RPM
- Loading and stress analysis on product designs
- Select and/or orient composite materials for a design
Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Our manufacturing experience can guide your product’s design as early as the quoting stage
- Our experience with different types of composite materials enables us to tailor the layup, cure, and finish processes for a product design